100 Days of School T-Shirt You Can Wear Year Round

100 Day of School T-Shirt

Today is the 100th day of school for my kiddos.  It was supposed to be sometime last week or the week before, but with all the snow days we’ve had this year, it got pushed back to today.

When my daughter Shayna brought home a paper a few weeks ago about the 100th day of school, she was asked to create a project using 100 things.  To buy 100 of anything can be quite pricy, so we decided on making this S sign out of pennies and a canvas board.

I thought it would be fun to make a t-shirt too but I didn’t want to waste time and money on something that would only be worn once.  I came up with all kinds of ideas for shirts that said 100, but figured she wouldn’t get much use out of a shirt like that.  After much thought, we decided to make a googly eye t-shirt.  We used 100 googly eyes (we have a constant supply of googly eyes on hand around here, but if you need to buy them you can get them from Walmart for around $1.)  I purchased a pink t-shirt from Walmart for around $4, but if you have a plain t-shirt around the house, this would be a great project to use it for.

For this project, all we did was glue 100 googly eyes on the t-shirt in pairs of 2 so the shirt had 50 pairs of eyes on it.  We used Fabric Fusion to glue the eyes on. The Fabric Fusion pens work really well for this. I added the glue to the shirt in little lines and Shayna put all the googly eyes on.

Once the glue was dry, I added eyebrows using a Black Sharpie marker.  This was a super easy project and it turned out so well that I’m considering making one for myself! :)

Comments

1. What a super cute tee shirt! I bet my daughter would love a shirt like that for herself, thanks for the great idea!
    Jennifer @TheRebelChick recently posted..25 Must Try Mexican RecipesMy Profile

2. That is super cool! My kids have their 100th day coming up next week. It was delayed a little bit because of some snow days we had, but I bet my boys would get a big kick out of these if I made some for them :)
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted..Homemade Peanut Butter Dog BiscuitsMy Profile

3. Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE! We homeschool and celebrate our 100th day too, however, we’ve never done anything this cool. My kids would love it! What a great idea!
    Alesha @ Full Time Mama recently posted..Best Burgers in Scottsdale + Scottsdale ArtWalk | #ScottsdaleAZMy Profile

4. brett says:

oh my gosh. best 100th day of school shirt ever
    brett recently posted..National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend #CookieBossMy Profile

5. Wow very creative! I thought those eyes were printed right on the shirt at first!
    Amy @ Marvelous Mommy recently posted..10 Valentine’s Day DIY ProjectsMy Profile

6. Hanan says:

That’s super cute! I was just asking my kid when their 100th day of school is. I’ll have to show her this!
    Hanan recently posted..Two Easy-To-Make Homemade Valentine TreatsMy Profile

7. Kecia says:

This is probably the most unique idea I have seen for the 100th day of school. I know lots of teachers celebrate the day by asking kids to bring in 100 things – I’ve always thought of pennies, beans, etc. Never a shirt full of googly eyes!
    Kecia recently posted..Comforting your Sick Child in Cold & Flu SeasonMy Profile

8. Debra says:

What a fun craft and t-shirt to make. I showed my son and he said all those googly eyes would freak all his friends out!
    Debra recently posted..Get In the Game With Mohawk Flooring #ShowMoLove Puppy Bowl XMy Profile

9. Mitch says:

That is adorable. And I love the memories I have from my son’s various 100 days of school celebrations that we used to have, in 5th grade this no longer happens, but you brought it alive for me again!
    thanks!
    Mitch
    Mitch recently posted..@Staples Awesome New Space Saver Shredder! #StyleYourSpace @RS_LifestylersMy Profile

10. What a great idea! We don’t have kids, but my husband is obsessed with googly eyes. He has them on his phone, his water bottle, so many random places. They’re so much fun!
    Christy@SweetandSavoring recently posted..Travel Retrospective: Montreal HighlightsMy Profile

11. Brandy says:

What a great way to celebrate 100 days of school! I never thought to do this with my kids, usually their teachers have them bring in 100 items of something so they can use the items during math class that day.
    Brandy recently posted..Updates – Aj without Medications #bipolar #mooddisorderMy Profile

12. I think my girls would totally love to have a shirt like this!! It would be fun making one too!
    Amy Desrosiers recently posted..Enjoying the Big Game Day with CVS Gold Emblem Party Must Haves #BigGameDay #CVSMy Profile

13. i think our 100 day is coming up soon. i’m totally stealing this idea, it’s adorable.
    Melinda@LookWhatMomFound…andDadtoo recently posted..Sunday Linky Edition #230My Profile

14. Melissa says:

This is our first year celebrating 100th day! I love your idea! I made a googly eyed monster!

15. Rosey says:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the 100 Days of School celebration. They made such a big deal out of it last year, I’m surprised I haven’t heard a peep on it this year. We’ve had a bunch of snow days though, maybe it’s just delayed. I like the shirt!
    Rosey recently posted..Snowmobiles on the RoadMy Profile

16. katherine says:

That is the coolest shirt ever! My daughter would love one!

17. Love this shirt idea and think you did a great job. I would def make one in an adult version.
    Onica {MommyFactor} recently posted..Andy Garcia Interview for At Middleton Film #AtMiddletonMy Profile

18. That is such a cute idea for a t-shirt! I wish I had thought of something like that when I was in high school lol.
    Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest recently posted..OPI Cajun Shrimp Swatches, Photos, and ReviewMy Profile

19. Shelly says:

This is a great t-shirt project. It turned out so very cute too.
    Shelly recently posted..A Day in the Life…2014My Profile

20. Eliz Frank says:

The colors are gorgeous and I’d recommend them too. Looks great on the little one.
    Eliz

21. Amanda Love says:

This is such a cool tee. My toddler would enjoy this but the boys would probably freak out if I tried putting this on them lol. :)
    Amanda Love recently posted..Art Explosion at Color Me MineMy Profile

22. Jessica says:

I love it! What a cute idea!
    Jessica recently posted..Love Me or Leige Me: Best Waffle Recipe of All TimeMy Profile